Thursday, September 1, 2011

Back at it

Back on the trail. Did 17 miles and 13 to try and get back in the groove. Mistake. Pretty sore all over. Feet are acting like babies, pack is rubbing my hips and back raw. Come on body, we've been over this like 2 weeks ago. It's like starting all over again. The pack even feels heavier again now. Oh well.
This is a particularly unforgiving section for regaining ones trail legs. Frequently cited as the hardest 50 miles of the whole trail means something. I've been trying to get a running start coming up on the Mahoosuc range. There is one part where a mile takes 1.25-2 hours for the north bounders. That's super slow.
Irene has also left her mark. The trail is super wet and there are down trees galore. Never a dull moment.
I've rediscovered my clumsy side by creating a flood in my tent by putting my pack on the mouthpiece. This is a repeat mistake and I pray I'm not starting a trend. I also knocked the mouthpiece off while hiking creating a mini hose and also left the cap partially unscrewed resulting in a small leak running down my backside. On a positive note it turns out I don't have as much back sweat as I thought I did. That's all for now; need my rest for some more big miles. Happy trails!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Fire Ln 531,,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment